Now that the snow is melting and we’re starting to see some spring-like days, curb appeal is an extremely important task to address if you’ve been thinking about selling your home this spring. Your home’s exterior is the first impression every potential buyer will see upon arriving to the Open House or showing and it is a key area that can help make or break your sale. Here are a few tips to help get you started on ensuring your home has major curb appeal:
- Maintain regular watering, mowing, edging and weeding schedule
- Remove any dead plants and replace with seasonal colourful flowers and plants
- Add fresh mulch to all beds – choose black mulch over red always
- Make sure your front porch is tidy and inviting
- Make sure trees and bushes are trimmed back and do not impede on traffic flow leading up to front door
- Repaint front door and replace hardware if needed
- Power-wash the outside of the house
- Make sure porch lighting is working and free of cob webs
- Use outdoor furniture and accessories to create inviting living spaces
All of these tips are easy to do and cost little to no money, however will make a huge difference if implemented. If a buyer is unimpressed with the exterior of your house, they might not even bother going inside. Don’t give buyers a bad impression of your house before they even step through the door.
To get a personalized home evaluation, including curb appeal solutions and tips specific to your property, contact Home Selling Edge to book a Staging Consultation.
Home Selling Edge is a professional property styling firm dedicated to creating beautiful living spaces. We offer the creative solutions you need whether you are planning to sell and are looking for an edge over the competition, or if you’re planning to stay and want your home to reflect your personal style. We provide our services to homes in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge & surrounding areas.
View our portfolio here.
Sign-up for our e-newsletter, featuring Latest News, Decorating Trends & Tips, Store Sales and much more!